Saturday 26 February 2011

Review: Maybelline "The Smoother"



Here I am going to be reviewing Maybellines "The Smoother",a primer that Maybelline states is "instant anti aging" and retexturises the skin.
I bought this product for about £8.50 in my local supermarket. The jar is reletively small, it is a tiny bit bigger than a MAC paintpot and contains a little more product aswell. The formula itself is a clear, see through gel which feels like silk in between your fingers. I acutally believe it or not had never tried a primer before, but i generally was just looking for a product to use on my eyes to stop eyeshadow creasing.
The smoother is exactly that, it smoothes. When applies to my skin it is like a sheet of velvet, which makes my skin beautiful to touch. Go to your drugstore and test it out, it literally will make you want to buy it. It kind of fills in my fine lines and smooths out the appearence of my skin making it look a lot nicer. However when used on the top of my eye, it is SO smooth that the eyeshadow will not stay on! The product just would not transfer there! I found that when it did about halfway through the day the same beautiful soft touch was still there, BUT my eyeshadow had creased and my mascara had even seeped under my eye because my skin is just SO soft!
So i decided to use it as a primer on my face instead, putting it on my cheeks and face to a base to my foundation and blush. This works really well, it creates the perfect silky smooth base to put foundation on to give a wonderful airbrush finish. As for anti aging, it does fill in the fine lines, i get some around my nose (weird huh?) and when i put the smoother on, it does exactly that - it smooths my skin out! Its pretty amazing. Just such a shame it doesn't work as well for the eyes!


Final Thoughts: Looking for an eye primer? SKIP! If you want the perfect base for foundation, this deffo does the trick

Final rating 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment