Saturday 26 February 2011

Monthly Mascara Challenge - February - Lancome L'Extreme




Like many women, I am on the never ending quest to find the worlds best mascara. My lashes are hideously short, stumpy and straight! So my aim to find the best mascara out there, by reviewing one a month! This month its Lancome L'Extreme!


I wanna be super clear, i have the worlds smallest, shortest unvolumised lashes. I am always searching for mascaras that make a difference because I am all about the eyes!I was wandering aimlessly around a department store, not really interested in any of the brands, when the lancome lady urged me over and asked what I was looking for. I tested their mascaras and all were very very good which suprised me. But i'm incredibly fussy about brushes. I love the Benefit BadGal brush and throughout my search kept coming accross brushes which were too skinny, too weirdly shaped or too gloopy. So i dismissed most of the lancome mascaras because of this, but due to pressure and being afraid of wasting the ladies time I bought L'Extreme, walking out feeling a little depressed with a mascara i'd bearly use.
But when i got home and took all my make up, i was very very very VERY (can't emphasise enough) pleasently suprised. The formula was really nice, not gloopy, liquidy or thick. It was just right. The brush wasn't like BadGal, its a lot skinnier, but was just right, no fancy curves or funny shapes. It hasn't clumped so far, the brush is sorta shaped so it won't (hard to explain!). The formula doesn't smell, which i'm also really funny about, i tried a dior one which had the most horrible smell. It lengthens and curls my lashes and if teamed up with an eyelash curler my lashes look amazing! Its not so much volumising, so if you already have long eyelashes and want volume this one is not for you. Its for us gals with tiny lashes :) I felt the price was OK... It was £20, which is very expensive compared to drugstore mascaras but for a high end brand which does a lovely job i believe its worth it. In comparison with BadGal which is £18 and Dior which is £21 i believe its worth that little bit more because its such amazing quality.
The only problem is the bottle, its a beautiful shape, will look lovely on any vanity. It looks very posh and is slightly curved. But i cannot for the life of me get it to stand up! It will stand up if your super careful, but the base is skinnier than the middle so its sorta out of proportion.
I would recommend to any ladies, especially since Lancome is often looked over as a brand. Its somewhat of an hidden gem which i believe everyone needs to look at :)


Final Thoughts -This mascara is AMAZING, and is probably going to be one that I will stick with for a long time now. The best so far


Final Rating - 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment