Saturday 26 February 2011

Review: MAC Pro-Longwear Foundation


I was always very funny when it came to liquid foundations, and i don't really know what it was that prompted me to buy the MAC pro longwear foundation. I suppose i got dragged into the hype of a foundation "that gives upto 15 hours of wear" and i had been meaning to get a mac foundation for a while.Packaging:It comes in a glass bottle, which can have both its pros and cons. I consider it to be sturdy, while others would probably argue it is very easy to break. Thats entirely upto you. It has a cool lock feature, to ensure no foundation will leak when in your bag i suppose.Value:It costs £22.50 or $35.50 which I personally did not feel expensive for this product. Any drugstore foundation is only a little bit cheaper, so I think its worth that little bit more. It comes with 30Ml of product which I also did not consider too bad.Product:I myself have very very dry skin, so finding a foundation is hard. Its hard to find one that does not irritate, flake or look plain old crusty! However i found this foundation to be very moisturising! A first!! It did not make my skin look flaky and just went on perfectly over any dry patches! I was keen to investigate whether or not this "15hours or more" staying power was true, and my working conditions are just perfect to test it. I work in a supermarket, constantly rushing around, exposed to both dry heat and coldness for 10hours a day without time to touch up. Upon putting the foundation on it provides a very even, perfect coverage. It looked like i had been airbrushed!! I was impressed. When i came home 10hours later i found, although i looked less airbrushed, it was still holding up, incredibly well might i add! It was covering the redness, undereye bags and ache a treat!! Overall i would give this foundation 10 out of 10. I couldn't think of any way it could be improved and would recommend to anybody :)
Final Thought: This foundation has no flaws in my opinion. It stays on for 15 hours + and has a really good coverage.
Final Rating: 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment